To help each person to be what God wants them to be in their life by deepening their relationship with God. For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
To reach out with God’s love to those men and their family members whom are disconnected from spiritual, mental, emotional and physical support, that Jesus Christ gives, through His church. Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”Matthew 28:18-20
1. To bring to each meeting a subject that has a biblical presentation and practical application for the lives of the MOTH All Scripture is Godbreathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2Timothy 3:16-17
2. To help each man with the ability to reach out to other men in the MOTH for accountability, prayer support and emotional encouragement. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. James 5:16
3. MOTH will seek different studies and materials that are available and interpret the biblical understanding of the Christian faith, Christian practice, and the Christian walk for their personal life, family life and in business practices; we will also seek pastoral guidance when needed. “But seek first his kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” Matthew 6:33
4. MOTH is a community of ministry whereby men can be transparent with their lives, sharing their strengths and areas that need prayer, encouragement, and emotional support without fear of judgment. Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3:12-14
5. MOTH is meant to create a spiritually nurtured canopy of prayer whereby men can sharpen each other’s spiritual leadership so as to model before other men how to relate to God their Father, to put their spouses before their own wants, desires and needs. As men of God we are here to model to others on how to be spiritual leaders of our house. As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17
MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN OUR COMMUNITY
Men of The Hourglass
Become the best husband, father and leader you can be by deepening your relationship with God.
Join us every Tuesday night as we learn about becoming the best man God designed us to be, men of integrity constructing a godly legacy for their families and generations to come. No child care provided. We meet at First Baptist Church 11980 Alternate A1A Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
from 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
For private counseling sessions or advise call Mike and Lourdes Elias
"*" indicates required fields